The Home Buying Process
Buying a home is a step toward an American Dream, financial security and building equity. It is
typically the most significant investment for an individual or a family, making the process both exciting
and overwhelming, especially for first-time homebuyers. Understanding the process and having the right
agent to assist you can make home buying enjoyable and rewarding.
NextHome Champions offers the following tools to help guide you through the home buying process:
Your Steps To A New Home
- Home Search
- Purchase Offer
- Open Escrow
- Secure Financing
- Final Processes
- Close Escrow
Selecting Your Team
Real estate agents and real estate companies are unique. Each possesses different skill sets, educational backgrounds, experience levels, marketing and advertising resources, and service commitments. Here is a guide to important considerations when selecting your agent. We will address all of these items regarding our team, but you should also consider asking these questions of any agent being interviewed in the process.
• Is your agent knowledgeable about the local market?
• Does your agent know current market factors and trends?
• Is your agent a REALTOR®? Not every licensed agent is a REALTOR®. REALTORS® are members of the National Association of REALTORS®, as well as their state and local associations. A REALTOR® has committed to the highest level of ethics in the industry and will be well informed through the resources and education provided by the associations.
• Does your agent have access to the multiple listing service, where new listings are added from all agents in the community?
• Can your agent provide client references and testimonials from past clients?
• Are they a member of a reputable company with experience in the market, resources for training, marketing and transaction tools?
• Is your agent focused on serving you with communication and a style that works for you?
• Can you trust and rely upon your agent to represent you, negotiate for you and focus on your needs?
Financing Your Home: Pre Approval
Obtaining financing to purchase a home includes a number of important factors. Lenders, banks and other sources for loans take into consideration a combination of items when determining whether or not to loan you money. They look at factors in your profile like:
The Home Search
Finding the Home Right for YOU!
The home search process is one of the many steps involved in purchasing the right home. 90% of homebuyers begin their search online and there are endless resources to help in that process.
The search process may seem daunting at times. The wide variety of resources providing different information or listed homes make it challenging to decipher what is current and true. As your agent, we will work together to provide clarity and context for all the information you find online. Many sites have homes for sale and provide an array of photos, descriptions, and more. Unfortunately, most of these sites may be out of date, have incorrect information or mix inaccurate sources.
We will help provide you with the nuances to look out for on the various home searching sites and research properties you find, as well as properties we suggest for your consideration. Together, we will identify possible homes, tour properties and research the neighborhoods until you find the right place for you! Once we do, the crucial next steps of making an offer, negotiating terms and executing on contract commitments will follow.
NextHome Mobile Connect
Instant Property Information, Anytime, Anywhere
A lot of home shopping happens online when you can peruse listings, neighborhoods and information. But we know that you still like to load up the car and drive around looking at homes and communities in person. Your self-guided tours happen at any time of day, any day of the week. Wouldn’t it be great if you could put the information of every property for sale right there in the car with you, instantaneously?
NextHome’s Mobile Connect does just that. You can easily narrow down which properties in an area have the potential to be your dream home. Save time, money and gas.
Anytime you see a home of interest, pull out your mobile device. You can text into our system and we’ll immediately send back details and photos about that listing and any other listing.
How? All you have to do is ask us for our unique text code and you will have access to information on all active properties in your area. It’s free and easy!